Friday, July 31, 2015

Sometimes...

Let me begin by stating
I'm not needy at all.
I don't need you but
sometimes... I do... need you.
Think about what I'm saying.
You know who I am.
A force to be reckoned with,
I'm strong and bold.
I'd rather stand alone and do things on my own.
But sometimes at night my demons appear,
they haunt me with my deepest fears.
And sometimes when I'm alone
old wounds reopen,
and I relive pain I believed I'd forgotten.
Sometimes when its quiet I get stuck in my head,
and I'm surrounded by all of the reasons why I should fail.
Sometimes I get scared
like I am right now
that you'll never see past these walls I've built to protect me.
Sometimes I need you...
And if you don't understand I can't blame you.
I've always been ruled by this -
my unfortunate flaw.
Having the ability to speak and not having the courage to say whats in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment